The Southern Dairy Hub now has a Fonterra supply number!
This month’s activities
- The hub now has a Fonterra supply number.
- The dairy shed has been commissioned and staff training in system functions and operation.
- Work continues on the research facilities, with the collecting yards finished and loading ramp installed.
- Shavings have been spread in the calf sheds and pens constructed ready for the first calves on the ground.
- Concrete has been poured and tilt slabs put in place for the three silage bunkers.
- Vet stand, computer room, viewing platform, toilets have been fitted in the dairy shed and staff now have their kitchen facilities for hot lunches!
- Automatic drafting and weigh scales are in place.
- Both the effluent pond and weeping walls have now been fenced off with netting for safety.
- The effluent system has been commissioned.