Find out about the latest Southern Dairy Hub activities and watch new drone footage showing progress.
This week’s activities
- The dairy shed continues to be the focal point of work at the hub, with windows fitted, milk vats and lines installed, switchboard wired, and the in bail componentry fitted.
- The dairy yard is now complete, with pipework, concrete and backing gates.
- Commissioning of the effluent system is planned for the week ahead where the system will be signed off as fit for purpose. The team will then be trained to use the system.
- Stock water is now connected across the milking platform and young stock block. The young stock block is on a separate system to the milking platform.
- Dosatron set up has been completed and ready for use.
- Work on the silage bunkers has begun with boxing up of profiles for pouring concrete in the coming week.
- A high speed internet cable has been laid providing ultra-speed connections at the research facilities and dairy shed site to enable video conferencing and Skype.
- Feed assessment of pastures, silage and baleage on farm has been undertaken.
Knap rock will be laid to cap the entry and exit races to approximately 100 – 150m from the yard.For further information on the Southern Dairy Hub, please click here. http://www.southerndairyhub.co.nz/news/
For a visual scroll through of the conversion progressing since Christmas click here. http://www.southerndairyhub.co.nz/photos/