15th March 2018
10:30am – 1:30pm
Venue: Southern Dairy Hub
Parking: Gate B – 225 Branxholme Makarewa Road, Makarewa (Opposite Alliance Group Plant)
Dairy Hub Limited Partner Investors:
Join us on farm to get the latest updates of what’s been happening on farm and with the research projects
The Southern Dairy Hub along with scientists from DairyNZ and AgResearch will give updates on the farm, and science projects that have been in progress from the start of the season to today and what the next steps are.
- Guy Michaels – Southern Dairy Hub’s Business Manager – will provide a farm update and how they have been managing biosecurity on farm
- Dr. Dawn Dalley – DairyNZ Senior Scientist – will discuss farming for the future: testing paddock based solutions to reduce farm system N loss by 30% and improve profitability. Kale vs Fodder beet for wintering – what more have we learnt from winter 2017?
- Dr. Ross Monaghan – AgResearch Senior Scientist – will discuss the Environmental Planning Progress, give a stream monitoring programme update and discuss the variable width riparian plan
- Mark Bryan – VetSouth Managing Director – Anti-microbial resistance discussion
- Sally Taylor – VetSouth Veterinarian – Hub Staph. Aureus update and dry cow plan
Please RSVP for catering purposes by: 9th March 2018
Please arrive with CLEAN footwear. Disinfectant facilities will be available on arrival & departure.
Thank-you for respecting your host farmer.
LUNCH KINDLY SUPPLIED BY: