Key decisions this week include:
1. moving to 3n2 milking from 7th February to protect cow BCS; Implementation delayed allowing heat stress measurements to be completed this week and to allow time to develop solid plans for implementation and recording
2. will utilise our remaining contracted DDG in the blend over the next couple of deliveries to boost protein content. Aiming for 40% PKE, 30% barley & 30% DDG.
3. will utilise all avenues available to decrease feed demand through culling
4. next supplement cuts from support/external blocks to be made into silage rather than baleage for ease of feeding larger quantities during late summer early autumn
5. holding rotation length of 37-39 days
6. continue with priority inshed feeding to early calving, light BCS animals